Ranking Top 25 Golfers In U
Slegers, Twins Rebound From Rough Road Trip To Top O 5 2Aaron Slegers got his canada goose factory outlet first major league win by finished six smooth innings in his first start of the season for Minnesota.
canada goose outlet edmonton Lynx Beat Sparks, Brunson Becomes WNBA All Time Rebounding LeaderRebekkah Brunson grabbed 12 boards while becoming the leading rebounder in WNBA history, and the Lynx beat the Sparks 83 72 Thursday night. canada goose outlet edmonton
Twins Sign First Round Pick Trevor LarnachThe Minnesota Twins signed first round draft pick Trevor Larnach just one day before Major League Baseball deadline.
canada goose factory outlet vancouver Timberwolves Sign G Jared Terrell To 2 Way ContractThe Minnesota Timberwolves announced Thursday they’ve signed guard Jared goose outlet cheap canada goose jackets canada Terrell to a two way contract. canada goose factory outlet vancouver
(CBS Sports) I sorry to those who came expecting me to rank the field from 1 156. I would have needed more coffee than any company can possibly produce in a single year, especially after blowing through the entire Masters field. Open field from the most canada goose outlet online obvious No. 1 in the last five years to No. 25. We start with slayer of souls (and World No. 1) Dustin Johnson at the top and walk through the other 24, from most likely to likely to win this year at Shinnecock Hills. Open for reference.
canada goose discount uk Credit: Warren Little/Getty Images canada goose discount uk
1. Dustin Johnson (Won in 2016):Obviously had a great week last week at the St. Opens. Conqueror of terrific courses (Riviera, Pebble Beach, Oakmont, Cog Hill, Crooked Stick, Doral), and this one would fit the collection nicely.
2. Opens. He combining that with two wins in the last 150 days and a willfulness that belies his seeming fragility. It easy to see him winning multiples of these. Of course it also easy to see him never canada goose outlet winning one at all. Such is the nature of national Opens.
canada goose outlet location 3. Rickie Fowler (T2 in 2014): It a curious spot for him. I picked him to win at Augusta National, and he nearly did despite lacking form. Not excited about: 31st on Tour from tee to green. Opens. Hopefully for him, the wind will howl off the Atlantic Ocean. canada goose outlet location
canada goose outlet seattle 4. Justin Thomas (T9 in 2017): Second on the PGA Tour in strokes gained tee to green, first in strokes gained after ejecting belligerent fans from the state of Florida. Said he shot a pointless 65 last year at Shinnecock in a practice round (that how all my 65s go, too). His wildly underrated short game (sixth in scrambling from 10 20 yards) is going to come in handy after the USGA removed the rough from around the greens. canada goose outlet seattle
canada goose outlet near me 5. Justin Rose (Won in 2013): Speaking of a slayer of big boy courses. Open with six top 10s and two wins this season already. Open canada goose outlet uk cuts, which is the only thing keeping me from canada goose outlet reviews slotting him in the top three. canada goose outlet near me
canada goose stockists uk Credit: Sarah Crabill/Getty Images canada goose stockists uk
6. Brooks Koepka (Won in 2017):I did not see myself putting him in the top 10, much less the top six as of about a month ago. But his return from injury has been a revelation: three 63s in two starts at The Players and the Fort Worth Invitational as well as a fairly strong week in Memphis. Opens not played at Erin Hills. Hasn finished outside the top 21 in his last 10 majors.
canada goose outlet new york 7. Tiger Woods (Won in 2000, 2002, 2008): Anybody know if Big Cat won this tournament exactly 10 years ago? Haven seen much about that this week. My question: What if he, um, putts at all? Woods has, somewhat shockingly, been one of the best ball strikers on the PGA Tour all season a statistical reality, not a derivative of his name being Tiger Woods and he has a chance to reintroduce himself canada goose outlet toronto factory to the winner circle in the most dramatic canada goose outlet sale way possible (which history says is the only way he going to do it). canada goose outlet new york
canada goose outlet england 8. Jordan Spieth (Won in 2015): It feels dirty to put him this low, but he only has one top 10 ever at this event (albeit a win) and is currently No. 190 on the PGA Tour in strokes gained putting. The good news is that he always canada goose outlet online uk seems to rise to the occasion during major weeks, and he No. 4 in strokes gained from tee to green. Open at maybe the greatest venue. Shinnecock, Augusta and Royal Birkdale on the resume? Whooooo boy. canada goose outlet england
9. Rory McIlroy (Won in 2011): Big spot for canada goose black friday sale him. If he wins at Shinnecock, there will be much internet purging of the he can win on a hard, classic track takes. It would also put him into the five major club (elite) before age 30 (only Jack Nicklaus, Bobby Jones and Woods have done it) and add a monster pelt to a resume that has plenty of them. Open cuts but has finished in the top 10 in 10 of his last 16 majors.
10. Jon Rahm (T23 in 2016): I could honestly believe him winning anywhere in this galaxy. Shinnecock, Chinnesock, Mars, the moon, whatever. My only concern is him coming unglued and attacking a USGA sign, tee marker or official at any point during the tournament. Other than that, we good.
11. Open win. He hitting all the right notes, though, and he has a terrific history here. Mickelson has twice finished canada goose outlet canada in the top five at Shinnecock and is currently 10th in strokes gained approaching the green. (I should also note he outside the top 125 in driving, which could be a major issue!)
canada goose outlet michigan Credit: Ross Kinnaird/Getty Images canada goose outlet michigan
canada goose jacket outlet sale 12. Hideki Matsuyama (T2 in 2017): I not sure what to think about Matsuyama. He fancies himself a big game hunter, but he never really been in the thick of it late on a Sunday at one of the four. There are times where I can envision him only taking two or three swipes and coming up empty at the end of his career, at which point we would all say, Hideki never won canada goose outlet store uk a major?! Still, he 26 years old and has five top 10s in his last 13 appearances at majors. I like his ball flight for a week like this one. canada goose jacket outlet sale
canada goose outlet store uk 13. Louis Oosthuizen (T2 in 2015): Hasn missed a cut since 2012, and by contractual obligation this is where I remind you that he canada goose outlet new york city four swings from having bagged four majors. canada goose outlet store uk
canada goose outlet online 14. Bryson DeChambeau (T15 in 2016): Come canada goose outlet nyc at me. However, he won USGA tournaments before and seems built for the classics. I need a Bryson Mickelson Sunday showdown like I need air density to breathe. canada goose outlet online
canada goose outlet legit 15. Opens. The bad canada goose outlet black friday news is that there a train that runs right next to this course. canada goose outlet legit
canada goose outlet real 16. Tommy Fleetwood (4th in 2017): He introduced himself to the https://www.canadagoosepark.com broader golf world last year at Erin Hills with his captivating aura and (even more) captivating swing. He got the goods to win a major, and he only has three finishes outside the top 25 so far on the PGA Tour this calendar year. canada goose outlet real
Credit: Andy Lyons/Getty Images
18. Sergio Garcia (3rd in 2005): Garcia hasn missed a cut at one of these since 2007 and has three top 10s in that span. Even though his numbers haven been there so far in 2018 more missed cuts (four) than top 10s (three) and he missed four of his last five cuts, I have to choose elite ball strikers this week, and he might be among the most elite. How quickly can one career flip from win the big one to be one of the all time greats following the Augusta Shinnecock double in the span of 16 months? So many legacies intertwining this week. I can get enough!
19. Adam Scott (T4 in 2015): Scott sort of quietly only has one top 10 in his last 10 major championships (T9 at last year Masters). Still, he holds the course record here, and that swing is just always so easy to envision winning a major championship.